Making your home eco-friendly doesn’t have to be an expensive undertaking. After all, this means you will be using less energy while doing the same jobs and actually saving money. Although upgrades sound costly, home performance expert California Energy Consultant Service will talk you through the possible ways you can easily go green.
- Unplug your appliances. It may be often overlooked but in reality, this practice goes a very long way. Remember that whenever an appliance is plugged in, it will consume energy even when it’s not being used. Hence, it’s ideal to switch off your oven or dishwasher after utilizing it.
- Replacing outdated doors. Experts note how modern or newer doors provide better insulation than your existing ones. Pro-tip: choose an energy-efficient material that is appropriate for your location’s climate.
- Purchase Energy Star windows. Understand that this is a great investment, especially if you’re hoping to put your house on sale eventually. Any window replacement contractor would say by installing these, you can immediately reduce your utility bills by at least 12%.
- Setting your thermostat accordingly. It is worth noting that adjusting your thermostat to a lower temperature than normal won’t actually cool your home faster— every degree of extra heating or cooling will increase your energy consumption to 8%.
- Dress for the weather. Whenever you’re at home, put on clothes that will be appropriate for the temperature. Go for warm clothing in the winter and cooler clothes in the hot summer days to keep you comfortable.
- Make use of natural light and ventilation. This can be made possible with your replacement windows. You can also hang lined drapes or curtains to have the liberty of letting the natural sunshine stream into your space.
Do you need to replace your home’s windows and doors? Is it time to install new siding? California Energy Consultant Service specializes in quality replacement windows and doors installation in the greater Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, and surrounding California cities. Call us today for your energy assessment concerns at (916) 852-8132 for a free in-home consultation.