For many years, California Energy Consultant Service has been proud to sell and install exceptional home performance products by Simonton, one of America’s premier providers of windows and doors. Cal Energy and Simonton share common goals to provide the highest-quality products at the best prices with respectful customer service.
Maybe you’re reading this page because you’re about to start that first home performance project. You might be reading here because you had a negative experience with a home performance contractor. Or, you might be here simply to do research. You’re in the right spot – every home performance project requires asking the right questions of the home performance contractor who will do the work.
Cal Energy thinks that Simonton offers up some great questions to ask in its blog, The Window Seat. In “9 Questions to Ask Your Contractor Before You Hire Them,” Simonton reminds us to always…Get multiple estimates…Check references/reputations of home performance contractors… and ALWAYS get EVERYTHING in writing.
And, here are the 9 questions that Simonton believes you should ask of a home performance contractor before hiring:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a contracting license?
- Do you have insurance for yourself and your crew?
- Are you hiring sub-contractors for this job?
- What’s the timeline for completing this project?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Will you take care of getting any building permits?
- How do you typically cleanup at the end of the day?
- Do you offer an installation warranty?
We invite you to ask these and more questions of our expert team at California Energy Consultant Service. In addition to windows and doors from Simonton, Cal Energy can help you with other home performance needs such as energy assessments, siding, heating/air systems, and so much more. Get a free, in-home quote from us by calling 916 852-8132 or clicking here.