California Energy Consultant Services provides both retrofit windows and new construction windows in Sacramento, California, and the surrounding region. Most window contractors provide retrofit, but only a few select teams are able to provide new construction – a process where the new window is installed directly into your property, with siding and drywall placed around the window for a built-in appearance.
Still, even with our ability to provide new construction, retrofit windows (also known as “replacement windows”) remain one of the most popular. But why?
About Replacement Windows in Sacramento, CA
Everyone has their own preferences for windows. While some people love new construction windows, many others choose retrofit instead, and are still thrilled with the results. Here are some important things to note about these replacement windows:
- They are installed into existing window openings. Your current windows are removed, and the new windows are placed directly inside of the opening, with no cutting into the siding or drywall.
- They cost a lot less. Retrofit window installation can be as much as 30% of the price or more compared to new construction. We encourage you to contact us for a quote, especially as you’re considering your budget, to get an idea of the difference between retrofit and new construction windows.
- The installation time is faster. Because we do not need to remove any siding, installation can often be completed in a day or two (depending on the number of windows) compared to several days or even weeks for new construction.
- Installation quality is even more important. Retrofit windows may be more common, but they also require a greater level of expertise in energy efficiency. That is because, since they are not built into the wall, poorly installed retrofit runs a greater risk of energy leaks. As an energy efficiency company in Sacramento, we understand how to prevent leaks and ensure a better quality install.
- No additional services are needed. You will not need any drywall, repainting, or other services that may be required with some types of new construction.
Retrofit windows are a great option for properties in Sacramento, especially, as many of the older properties have a lot of windows that need replacement, and more complex siding needs.
Are Retrofit Windows Right for Everyone?
Retrofit windows are a possible choice for essentially all properties, as almost any property that needs replacement windows can have these types of windows installed. But they’re not right for everyone. For example, if you want to change the size or shape of your window, you will need new construction. In addition, there may be a difference in the appearance of retrofit and new construction windows that make the latter a better option for the aesthetics of your property.
Let’s go over this with you at your consultation. Replacement windows in Sacramento may be the right option, or you may benefit from new construction, or you may need both. Our window installation specialists are happy to come talk to you about what you need and determine the best option for your property.